Ishkold is a small village, located in the north-east of Baranovichi, known since the XV century. It belonged to the Nemirovichs, the Ilinichs, the Radziwills.
– The Trinity Church. In 1449, Nikolai Nemirovich, a statesman of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, laid this Catholic church in the late Gothic style. The construction was completed in 1472. The architecture of the temple refers to the Middle European Gothic style. The Trinity Church in Ishkold can be considered the oldest unreconstructed church on the territory of modern Belarus, which retains its original appearance. The temple is included in the State list of historical and cultural heritage of the Republic of Belarus.
Gorodische is an ancient urban settlement, located in the northern part of the Baranovichi district; one of the largest on its territory. The estate has been known since 1413 as a property of Prince S. Belsky. It was his possession until 1499.
– The Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In 1640, Polotsk governor Jan Kaminsky founded the monastery of the Greek Catholic Order of the Basilians and, with it, built a wooden church. At the end of the 18th century the stone church of the Blessed Virgin Mary replaced the wooden one. Since the 90s of the XX century it serves as a parish Catholic temple of Gorodische.
– Holy Cross Exaltation Church. In 1764 in Gorodische the Uniate Holy Cross Exaltation Church was built, which is a preserved monument of wooden architecture. Next to the church in the 1840s a wooden four-bell tower was built. In 1879, after the transfer of the Uniates to Orthodoxy, the church was rebuilt in a retrospective-Russian style.
– Memorials of the Great Patriotic War.
During the Great Patriotic War there was a Jewish ghetto in the Gorodische, the victims of which were about 4000 people. In 1994, near the Orthodox cemetery in Gorodishche, a memorial sign was erected to the victims of the genocide of Jews. There is also a common grave of Soviet soldiers and partisans for 262 people. The Hero of the Soviet Union Edunov P. was among them.
– The ruins of an ancient fortrification of the early Middle Ages. 1 km from the village, on the right bank of the river Servec, there was a fortified town of the era of early feudalism of the II-IV centuries.
– Tatar Cemetery
– Jewish cemetery
Bolshaya Svorotva is a village in the north of the Baranovichi District. It was first mentioned in the second half of the XV century. The name is derived from the river Svorotva.
– Church of the Holy Trinity.
In 1747 in the center of the settlement the Lithuanian scribbler Nikolai Ovsyany built a wooden church of the Holy Trinity in a unique triangular shape. The idea of the design was to attract the representatives of the three denominations (Orthodox, Catholics and Uniates) to pray and worship there. Accordingly, the church had three entrances, one on each side, and the altar was located in the center of the temple. The wooden church was not preserved, but in 1823, in its place, Yakub Nezabytovsky built a rubble stone church that completely repeated the architecture of its predecessor.
– Ruins of the Nezabytovskys’ Estate.
In the 19th century, the Nezabytovskys’ estate was built in Svorotva. Unfortunately, little of which is left today: a two-level dovecote, the foundation and walls of the palace, the foundations and walls of farm buildings.
Karchevo was once a village, called Tuganovichi, which is known since the XVIII century. In 1510, it is mentioned as an estate owned by the Tuganovskys. Now it is a small town, focused on farming and located on the territory of the Baranovichi district.
– Tuganovichsky Park.
In the second half of the XVIII century there was laid a landscape park with an area of about 5 hectares. Next to the park there was an estate in 1798. What the manor looked like, we can learn only from the preserved picture of N. Orda, because in 1915, during the First World War, the estate was destroyed. The left chambers of the building were once occupied by Maryl Vereshchak – the first and strongest love of Adam Mickiewicz, who visited the estate in 1818-1820. Tuganovichsky Park, where the future poet and his beloved walked along the alleys, has been preserved to this day in its original borders, but its appearance has considerably changed.
– Filarets’s Stone – In Karchyovo village in Kut, the natural boundary, where it is possible to see the filarets’ stone , 4х1,9х3 m in size. It is one of the largest boulders on the territory of Belarus.
Volno is the village which has been known according to the written sources since the middle of the 16th century as Volno village as a part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, since 1569 – the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. On stocks of 1567 the estate Volno was szlyachta’s property and belonged to Yury Hodkevich, a kastellan troksky.
The sights of Volno village:
– the estate of the Slizni, the shlyakhta’s kin (partially remained) who were the owners during 1771-1939. It is the brovar which was built in 1830 (perhaps the oldest in Belarus), the barn of the 19th century, a part of the landscape farmstead park of the 19th and the early 20th centuries.
– Saint -Trinity Church in the remained landscape park of the gentleman’s manor. It was the former Uniate church constructed in Vilna baroque style in 1768 by Johann Glaubitsa and was consecrated in 1895 as the Orthodox Saint –Troitskaya Church. It is in the state list of the historical and cultural values of the Republic of Belarus.
Kroshin is the village which has been known according to the written sources since 1442 as the manor as a part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, later –as a part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
The sights of Kroshin village:
– the homestead park opened at the beginning of the 20th century.
– Zhirandol (chandelier) shaped in 1881 by Pavlyuk Bagrim, the poet and the citizen of Kroshin village (1812-1991) in the catholic church of the God’s Body built in 192s.
– Pavlyuk Bagrim’s grave and the monument at the Catholic cemetery.
-the defensive constructions (pillboxes) of the 1910-1920s.
– the mass grave with the monument to the 36 Soviet soldiers who died in 1941-1944.
Podgornaya is the village which has been first mentioned in the written sources of the 16th century as Gavinovichi (since 1964-Podgornoye village).
The sights of Podgornaya village:
– St.Antonii’s church constructed in 1817 in the style of classicism.
– the Chapel tomb of the 19th century at the old cemetery.
– the Traditional boulder-sledovik, “asilkavy” stone. This is the only well- known nature monument in Brest region. It is located to the north from the highway Dobry Bor –Podgornaya in the neighborhood of Podgornaya village in Morgach, a natural boundary.
– the monument to the fellow countrymen, 96 fellow villagers who died during the Great Patriotic War.
Polonechka is the village which has been mentioned for the first time in 1428 as Malaya Polonka village belonging to Vitovt, the grand duke of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
The sights of Polonechka village:
– the Radzivillovs’ Palace (one of the owners of Polonechka village). The monument of architecture belongs to the era of classicism constructed at the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th centuries.
– the Water-mill constructed in 1819.
– the Yurevsky Catholic Church reconstructed in 1899 in the style of neogothic style by Konstantin Voytsekhovsky. In the church there is an operating pipe organ made in Vilno in 1819.
– the Bell tower constructed in 1855 and two chapels at the beginning of the 20th century.
– one of the buildings of the ”plebaniye” at the beginning of the 20th century (the priest’s court of the catholic, uniate church in Poland and Belarus).
– the mass grave to 36 Soviet soldiers who died in 1944.
Yastrembel is the village which has been known since the 16th century as szlyachta’s property in Novogrudok voivodeship of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
The sights of Yastrembel village:
– the Katlubayev’s estate, a monument of the palace and park architecture in the style of neoclassicism. It is the farmstead house which was constructed in 1897, the distillery which was constructed in 1899, the homestead landscape park of the 19th century.
Koldychevo is the village which has been known in the written sources in the early 16th century as Koldyshevichi estate as a part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, then the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. It was belonged to the Garunovichi, then to the Taktamyshy. In 1523 it was the grand duke Zhigimont’s property. In the middle of the 15th century Koldychevo was the center of Gorodishche volost of Novogrudok county of Minsk province.
From 1942 to 1944 on the suburbs of Koldychevo village there was the concentration camp for the civilians. In Koldychevo extermination camp more than 22 thousand people died.
The sights of Koldychevo village:
– the Memorial complex “Koldychevo Extermination Camp”
The prison barrack has remained there, the woman’s sculpture in grief (1964), the stele (1964) were founded on the place of the extermination of civilians.
Pavlinovo is the village which has been known since the end of the 19th century. It was the Novitskiye’s property which was bought in 1897 by Jan Otton Bokhvits, the son of the famous philosopher and the writer Florean Bokhvits and Pavlina the Mayevskiye. In 1906 Ya. Bokhvits founded the farmstead house together with the distillery and some household buildings. The new estate was called Pavlinovo in honour of the mother. Florean Bokhvits (1875 — 1939) was the last owner.
The sights of Pavlinovo village:
– the Bokhvits’ farmstead and the park complex in Pavlinovo (the 19th – the early 20th centuries).
The building of the estate, the park and pond, the cowshed, the glacier has remained.
The area is 7 hectares.
Molchad is the village which has been known since the 15th century. In 1487 it was the property of grand duke Kazimir, since 1489 it was Soltan’s. Since 1561 it was grand duke Zhigimont II Augustus’. Then it was in the Haletskiye’s property, later – the Yuditskiye’s and the Tizengauzovy’s. Several times it was burned. In 1793 it was the town of Lyushnevo volost of Slonim county. In 1863 in Molchad the national school was opened. In the late 19th century there were 2 orthodox churches, 3 synagogues, the brewery, the railway station (near the town), the national school.
During the Great Patriotic War from the end of June, 1941 till July 9, 1944 in the village the ghetto was formed where more than 3600 Jews were killed.
The sights of Molchad village:
– St.Peter and Paul’s Church (1880).
– the Mill (the first half of the 20th century). It was belonged to the Valitskiye. The building has remained.
– Kurgan burial ground of the period of the early Middle Ages. (11-13th centuries, it was opened in 1951).
– the synagogue (the end of 19th century).
– the Cemetery chapel (19th century) at the orthodox cemetery.
– the Jewish cemetery.
– the memorable sign on the place of execution of 3600 Jews (it was constructed in 2000).
Chernikhovo is the village which has been mentioned for the first time in 1437 as shlyakhta’s property in “fundushevaya” record by P.R. Strachevich on the basis of the church in Polonechka. Since 1502 it was Peshkovich’s property, since 1522 Marina Nemirovich became its owner.
According to the documents in the 19th –the early 20th centuries the town was the center of the volost of Novogrud county of Minsk province. Near the village there were the folvarak Gornoye Chernikhovo and Dolnoye Chernikhovo. In the 19th century the name “Dolnoye” was replaced on “Nizhneye”, “Gornoye” — on “Verhneye”.
Since the second half of 17th Chernikhovo was owned by the Rdultovskiye. Konstantin Petr Rdultovsky was the last owner of the manor up to 1939. In the second half of the 19th century the Rdultovskiye built the estate with the complex of buildings and the park in Verhneye Chernikhovo .
The sights of Chernihovo:
– the Rdultovskiye’s estate (the 19th century). The farmstead house haven’t remained. The chapel tomb, the roadside chapel, the tower smoking shed, the ruins of household buildings have remained.
– the park in Verhneye Chernikhovo village. The foundation was laid in the second half of the 19th – the early 20th centuries. It was announced as the nature sanctuary of the local value.
– St.Paraskev Pyatnitsy’s church (1895) Chernikhovo village. The wooden church in the national style was constructed at the expense V.I. Pavlov, the owner of the manor. The church works.
-the Brovar (the end of 19th – the beginning of the 20th centuries) Nizhnee Chernikhovo village.
– the mass grave of the Soviet soldiers (at the cemetery).
Milovidy is the village which has been mentioned for the first time in 1518 as Jan Nemirovich’s property. In 1843 the post station was built, in 1861 the national school was opened. Milovidy was one of the centers of the insurgent movement during the revolt of 1863-1864 – there was an insurgent camp. On May 22, 1863 near the village there was the fight between the insurgents and the Russian units which ended with the victory of the insurgents.
The sights of Milovidy village:
– the memorial complex in the memory of the fight near Milovidy. It is 5 km from Milovidy village (near Kolpaki village), consists of three elements: the memorial cross to the Russian soldiers (1913), the memorial chapel (1933) and the memorial stone in honor of the 125 anniversary of the fight (1988);
– St. Sergey Radonezhsky’s church (1870);
– the Post station (1843);
-the Mass grave of the Soviet soldiers and partisans;
– the Obelisk in the memory for Holocaust’s victims.
Tartaki is the village which has been known since the end of the 18th century. It is considered that the name was formed from the term “tartak” of the Polish origin which denotes “sawmill”. It was mentioned under the name Tartak in 1798. It belonged to the Sapegi. In the first part of 19th century the sawing, iron-smelting and spirit plants worked here.
The sights of Tartaki village:
– the hydrological nature sanctuary of the local value, the Spring Tartak. It is 2,5 km to the south of Tartaki village,100 meters to the northwest from the highway Tartaki–Gat;
– two mass graves of the Soviet soldiers who died during the Great Patriotic War and the monument – the sculpture of the soldier and the obelisk.
Beryozovka is the village in Baranovichi district. It is considered that the name was formed from Beryozovka, the forest natural boundary of the same name in which there was a settlement.
The sights of Beryozovka:
– the mass grave of the Soviet soldiers and partisans who died during the Great Patriotic War and the monument – the soldier’s sculpture;
– the monument to the Soviet prisoners of war tortured in Lesnyansky extermination camp.
Stolovichi is the village which has been known since the 15th century. Most often in the documents it is mentioned under the name Stvolovichi. In 1449 it was Nemir Razanovich’s manor. In 1771 in the fight near Stolovichi the Russian troops under A.V. Suvorov’s command crushed the groups of the Polish-Lithuanian
Commonwealth which were headed by M.K. Oginsky, the great hetman of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
The sights of Stolovichi village:
– the architecture monument of “vilensky baroque” John the Baptist’s church (the 18th century, the architect Glaubits), in the 2nd part of the 19th century it was reconstructed in Uspenskaya Church;
– the Catholic Church of Sir Jesus’s Heart (the end of the 19th –the beginning of 20th centuries);
– the memorable sign on the place of the fight of Mikhail Oginsky’s and Alexander Suvorov’s troops;
– the mass grave of the Soviet soldiers and partisans who died during the Great Patriotic War and the obelisk.
Novaya Mysh is the village in Baranovichi district. It belonged to Jan Hodkevich who constructed the castle here. In the 19th –the early 20th centuries there were the national school, the volost management, 3 Jewish schools, the hospital, the brewing and brick plants, the steam and wind mills.
The sights of Novaya Mysh village:
– the Catholic Church of God’s Transformation (1825);
– the Orthodox Church of God’s Transformation (1859);
– the Old Jewish cemetery;
– the Tavern (19th century);
– the Mill (19th century);
– the wooden chapel at the cemetery (the 20th century);
– the Synagogue;
– the mass grave of the Soviet soldiers and partisans who died during the Great Patriotic War and the monument – the soldier’s sculpture.
Staraya Mysh is the village which has been mentioned for the first time in 1414 as Zinoviy Bratoshits’s property. In 1471 it was Jan Hodkevich’s property who constructed there the castle in 1585.
The Sights of Staraya Mysh village:
– the land shaft of Mysh castle;
– the buildings of the distillery and the spirit receiver of the beginning of the 20th century.